Sunday, January 25, 2009

Atlantic Ave. Reality Check ...

Couple months ago i was going home from work and when i got off the 3 Train to transfer to the B train, there was music going on. I heard the sound of trumpets and trombones as well as a drumset going off. But i felt the vibe walking down the steps. It was really nice. The tune made me feel at home, i felt like such a NYer. I then see a crowd around a group of men jamming, about 7 musicians playing strictly brass instruments and a drummer. All i remember was dazing off to the song the were playing. It made me remember where i was from, where i was born and raised. It made me really love my home for some reason. It was cool. I wanted to buy one of their CD's but i didnt have the money. I thought to myself, "Better luck next time". That next time actually came, just last week i ran into those dudes AGAIN . Same station, same time when i was comin home from work/practice. I had money in my wallet, money i was SUPPOSE to use to buy my math textbook. But i'm robbyRise, i dont buy textbooks. I purchased 2 of their CD's listening once again to another magical tune they were jamming out . Here's a video of this group called "Hypnotic Brass Ensemble". This isnt on atlantic avenue but this was the song i first heard them play. 2 CD's well worth my money. For those of you who dont know i used to be a musician.


the video explains it all.

No comments: