Saturday, April 4, 2009

Major Update*

I purposely havn't updated because i posted the link of my blogger on a forum for my last post about my NYCE Junior Allstar squad's 2nd coming. Unfortunately, the tournament that team was suppose to go to will be postponed to the summertime. But by then, i'll be in the heat of things to get stuff rolling for North Jersey.

So whats happend since my Team profile ? I had to re-roster my squad to make it majority 15yr olds as i entered my NYCE Junior Allstars into an Asian tournament in New jersey. I will probably make a team profile for that team in my next post. My squad was mentioned in the tune-up article of the host's site, www.AsianHoops.com . Basically half SIPAG ballers and half North jersey Ballers. Remember, its an Allstar squad.

and on March 28th, NYCE made their AMATUER debut, thanks to the support of Justin Antes and Dustin Ramos. These 2 guys came up with the idea to run a dominant squad in the amateur division of hoopsville (www.hoopsvillebasketball.com) I just pitched in an sponsored the uniforms, and they gracefully allowed me to name the squad after my NYCE franchise, allowing NYCE to upgrade to the Amateur level. On this roster? Oh man, on paper its a ridiculous OPEN squad. Seriously. But being we're in the Amateur division, this Spring '09 season it would be 6ft.&U. Take a look at this roster:

Justin Antes
Francis Antes
Dustin Ramos
Mike Mayes
DJ Mayes
Kevin Skieveski
Christian Lagman
Christisn Sison
Penny Penalosa
Ryan Jose
Dani Kim
Mike Palacios
and possibly JC Albano.

and my mans Beeyoung Quijano helping me run the show coaching and subbing. LOL. open team right ? hahaha. I've got guys from different corners of NY-NJ tristate basketball. SIPAG, North Jersey, Kalahi, the former Dabu and.. even JSAG. WOW. LOL. I'm hoping NYCE could make noise in its first season in Hoopsville. Its certainly a privilede getting the opportunity to coach this group of incredibly talented ball players. We're 2-0 so far. And from the looks of our division, the worst we could finish is 2nd, but i expect to finish 1st. Barkada is our only real threat, we've beaten 2 fairly weak teams, 1 of which might be the most reasonable 3rd place team [the 1st team we played, Brotherhood] and then Classick. Only teams left, are Formosa, Monstars, Mama's Boys... all weak&whack teams. And then Barkada.

And then, in SIPAG amateur, our North Jersey Juveniles won the spring season opener vs. SIPAG-blue by 20ish pnts without veteran Sam bautista and franchise player AJ Pizon as well as enforcer Eugene Williams. I dont expect nothing less than a championship from that group. Ali, Paolo Trujillo, Mark Liaban, Danny Sulit, Brian Organ, chris Barsatan, Aj pizon, Sam bautista, Merlyn Miranda, Julius Rodriguez, Penny Penalosa, Eugene Williams and the old man of the squad, Bernard Bustos. Bunch of very animated kids, but tough hearted.

Im hoping to bring in 3 championships, Hoopsville Amateur, SIPAG Amateur, and the 12th Asian Basketball Classic (*knock on wood). If not, DEFINATELY a winning record. I need every win i could get to cover for my college team which like last year brought down my record as a coach. smh. So, next post i'll break down the projected squad i'll have for April 19th, the Asian Basketball Classic. HAAAIGHT !!!

No comments: