Saturday, November 1, 2008

the Real Deal

So i've been blogging on myspace and facebook past couple of years and i figured it was about time to to write up on an actual blog site. I believe Kirsten and Chise already started using this thingy so i figured i'd giv it a try. Kinda reminds me of Xanga. I think i'll post my video blogs on here to if anything.

Where to start ? Lets try a rundown of my 2008 Coaching season. The beginning of '08 i helped in the Risehoops clinic our in Staten island. In the early spring of 2008 i captured my first coaching title of the year, with my St. marks Cadet (9th grade) squad winning their division title in the BCBA league and then getting 1st runner up of CYO Brooklyn Borough Championships. I think alittle bit in between my College team, Women's BMCC Basketball wrapped up our... not so good season. LOL. In april 2008 i brought my N.Y.C.E. Allstar team to Boston and dominated their MASAE Junior Invitational tournament to an easy championship and by far the biggest and sexiest trophey ive ever earned as a coach. Kudos to my players for their support of my idea for the squad and their hardwork on the court. In the summer i helped coach the SIPAG/JVR Tech squad in the nutley-hoopsville amatuer league where we missed the playoffs by a few games. My focus shifted to my NABA team which i was granted mid spring by the SIPAG hierarchy. My UNDERRATED squad finished 5-2 in the S.I. Nike Swoosh league, 1-3 in the Kalahi junior summer league, and then in Detroit for NABA, finishd 5-2 for 2nd place where we played 2 games the first vs. American Cities, JSAG and Detroit, defeating them in championship fashion, then going 3-2 on DAY 2. Thats right 5 games, losing to our rivals Jerome Yumul, Jason Lomboy of the North York powerhouse. The 2nd place trophey is by far, the biggest accomplishment personally as a coach, 2nd place in the most organized, competitive and prestigious filipino intercity tournament on the planet.

At the end of the 2008 year i find myself putting more focus into my college team. The head coach did a ridiculous job in recruiting and brought in a fresh batch of ballers that show potential to bring the school yet another city title. To top that, i can officially call my coaching title at the college a 'job' as this year i will be getting paid part time as an assistant coach. =] Getting paid for doign something i love. Couldnt ask for anything more! Anyways, i figured i'd post a semi yearly roundup of the squads i had priveledge of coaching. So hit me up on requests on topics to write about basketball related, or if u have any questions just hit me up on AIM, my myspace or facebook or even my email which you should have. Hope to hear from you soon !

-coach robbyRise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so u get paid now? buy my shoes and u can buy me lunch too NAH MEAN